The benefits of physical therapy for animals are numerous and include:
- OPTIMIZES post surgical recovery Reduces pain and swelling.
- Improves range of motion, flexibility, and the ability to move normally.
- Accelerates healing of injured tissues.
- Maximizes strength and muscle mass.
- Improves general conditioning.
- Assists in weight loss.
- Maximizes quality of life and over-all well being, which is especially essential when dealing with chronic conditions and end of life issues.
- Improves balance, coordination, and agility.
- Provides owner education about how to best assist their companion in maintaining a fulfilling life.
- Sports conditioning.