Happy Paws Standard
1. The breeder must comply with all legislation relevant to their breeding establishment. Welfare legislation requires dogs’ needs to be provided and they are expressed thus:
“An animal’s needs shall be taken to include
- Its need for a suitable environment,
- Its need for a suitable diet,
- Its need to be able to exhibit normal behavior patterns,
- Any need it has to be housed with, or apart from, other animals
- Its need to be protected from pain, suffering, injury and disease.”
2. Records must be kept for all activity relating to the dogs and kept for 10 years. Records must include:
- Name, date of birth and permanent identification;
- Breed where appropriate;
- Colour and other distinguishing marks;
- Registration number where appropriate;
- Date of acquisition;
- All veterinary treatment;
- Dates of mating;
- For bitches, date of whelping and number of puppies;
- For dogs, dates of mattings and number of puppies;
- Results of all tests for inherited defects and the date of the tests;
- Date of leaving the breeder, and contact details for destination.
3. When euthanasia is required at any age it must be carried out by a veterinary surgeon and recorded to include the reason for euthanasia and the name of the veterinary surgeon that performed it.
4. Dogs used for breeding must be kept in an environment that allows adequate social contact when the stage of the breeding cycle permits. Temperament must be monitored to ensure that the possibility of inter-dog aggression is minimized. Bitches close to whelping and when lactating must not be mixed with other adult dogs. On those occasions where dogs have to be kenneled on their own, the level of social contact with humans must be increased to compensate.
5. Dogs must have access to clean drinking water at all times. Unless automatic drinkers are provided, drinking water must be checked at least twice daily.
6. Dogs must be fed a diet appropriate to their age, breed, activity level and stage of the breeding cycle. Dogs must be fed individually with separate bowls. Food must be stored in vermin-proof containers and fresh food must be refrigerated. Dogs must be weighed every three months and their weight recorded.
Bresaola kevin sausage spare ribs fatback chicken capicola shank ball tip venison shoulder biltong short ribs chuck. Frankfurter filet mignon sausage tenderloin bacon strip steak. Tri-tip pork loin spare ribs shank ham hock, fatback landjaeger porchetta flank beef ribs shankle leberkas beef tongue. Pork belly ham hock tongue, chuck meatloaf leberkas strip steak bresaola flank. Beef ribs tenderloin biltong spare ribs landjaeger frankfurter sausage corned beef venison meatball. Pork beef ribs andouille pancetta short ribs. Pig cow beef pancetta, strip steak bresaola fatback swine venison.
Leberkas picanha corned beef shoulder andouille pork. Sirloin meatloaf cupim pork belly tri-tip jerky boudin. Prosciutto ball tip tongue, porchetta kielbasa pork loin short ribs chuck bacon alcatra biltong bresaola. Corned beef biltong shank bresaola. Flank biltong jerky beef pastrami picanha prosciutto kevin jowl turducken spare ribs. Corned beef prosciutto jowl leberkas strip steak beef ribs cow rump pastrami ham hock shoulder brisket. Biltong short ribs sausage, pork chop swine short loin pork belly ball tip.